Canvas Tool Bag
Light yet durable tote bag makes it a snap to organize tools or sewing notions.
The Canvas Tool Bag is fitted with exterior pockets for convenient storage of smaller items, and its wide basket-like shape is both stylish and practical.
The canvas fabric is woven in the Suzhou region of China, which is then dyed, treated, and sewn in a workshop in Quanzhou.
It is water repellent and extremely durable. The unique texture of the canvas gains luster and softness as you use it.
Our Canvas Pouches and Waxed Canvas Accessory Pouches are a perfect complement to the Waxed Canvas Tool Tote. Up to three can nest inside as removable compartments for effortless storage.
Canvas Tote｜ichimaruni／Quanzhou-Junyuan Bags, Fujian
Bags for the People
Ichimaruni creates bags that are close to the person who carries them and that value “a sense of presence that appears without being too assertive”.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- The paraffin finish gives the fabric firmness and unique wrinkles on the surface.As you use it, it will become softer and more textured.
- As a characteristic of a paraffin finish, it smells like a candle at first. The smell will fade as you use it.
- Ideally, to maintain the paraffin coating for a long time, it should be washed as little as possible.
If you are concerned about dirt, wipe it off lightly with a wet cloth or rub it lightly with an eraser.
To remove hand marks and other grease stains, scrub lightly with a soft brush moistened with a mild detergent diluted with water.
If stains become noticeable with use, gently hand wash.
You will lose the elasticity of the paraffin coating, but you can enjoy the new softer texture.
- Canvas is a cotton product, so the color may fade. Also please be aware that the color may transfer to clothes when wet.
- Canvas is sensitive to moisture and can become moldy in hot and humid places.
If you are not going to use the product for a long time, store it in a well-ventilated shady place to prevent mold and stains.
- The leather tag is made of genuine leather so might stretch a little. Getting wet with water or sweat may cause the color to fade or stain.
- The tassels may fade or discolor due to friction, moisture, or UV rays.
- Keep out of reach of infants.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean a canvas tool bag?
Empty the contents of the bag and shake it upside down to remove dirt. After this, get a damp rag and use that to gently rub off clinging dust. If there are stains, then scrub the area with the dry rag and let the bag dry naturally. Doing this regularly will keep unpleasant smell at bay.
Do you have to re-wax waxed canvas?
All you really need is some wax and a few common household products. By re-waxing your canvas, you’ll help restore the fabric’s initial color, re-waterproof the material, and increase its longevity and durability. The Sturdy Brothers waxed-canvas process continues.
How do you sew on waxed canvas?
When sewing with waxed canvas, make sure you are using the right needle. For a medium-weight waxed canvas (10–12 oz), we recommend a sharp, size 100 denim needle and a high-quality all-purpose thread. Because waxed canvas is thick, pinning multiple layers can be tricky.